The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) has made a major breakthrough by busting a drugs cartel that operated across the United States, Delhi, and Kerala. In a significant operation, the NCB seized a massive quantity of LSD and made several arrests. Along with the LSD, the agency also recovered a substantial amount of marijuana and a significant sum of money.
- The NCB seized 15,000 blots of LSD, a synthetic drug, which is 2.5 thousand times more than the commercial quantity.
- The agency arrested six individuals in connection with the case.
- The seized quantity of LSD is the largest seizure in the last two decades.
- Gyaneshwar Singh, Deputy Director General (Northern Range), NCB, stated that the drug cartel had an extensive network that spanned from Delhi to Europe and the US. They utilized cryptocurrency and the darknet for their operations.
- The network had a wide reach, including Poland, Netherlands, USA, Delhi-NCR, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Uttar Pradesh.
- Along with the LSD, the NCB also recovered 2.5 kg of marijuana, Rs 4.65 lakh in cash, and Rs 20 lakhs deposited in bank accounts.
- The highest previous seizure of LSD was 5,000 blots by the Karnataka Police in 2021 and by the Kolkata NCB in 2022 in a single operation.
- LSD abuse is predominantly prevalent among young individuals and can lead to serious health issues.
- Possession of 0.1 gram of LSD, which is the commercial quantity for this hallucinogenic drug, can result in strict legal action under the Narcotics and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
Darknet and Cryptocurrency:
- The drug cartel made use of the darknet, a hidden internet platform, for narcotics sales, exchange of pornographic content, and other illegal activities. They employed cryptocurrency transactions to evade law enforcement agencies’ surveillance.
The Narcotics Control Bureau’s successful operation marks a significant step in curbing the drug trade and dismantling drug cartels operating in multiple locations.
The Hindustan Herald Is Your Source For The Latest In Business, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Breaking News, And Other News. Please Follow Us On Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, And LinkedIn To Receive Instantaneous Updates. Also Don’t Forget To Subscribe Our Telegram Channel @hindustanherald