On March 22 every year, Bihar Diwas or Bihar Day is observed to celebrate the creation of the state of Bihar. It is a day to commemorate the rich history and culture of Bihar. The term Bihar is derived from the Sanskrit and Pali word vihara, which means ‘abode’. The region was home to numerous Buddhist viharas or monk’s homes during ancient and medieval times.
Theme of Bihar Diwas 2023
This year’s theme for Bihar Diwas 2023 is ‘Yuva Shakti ki Pragati’ which translates to the growth of Bihar youth. The theme emphasizes the government’s focus on empowering Bihar’s younger population for a better future.
History of Bihar Diwas
On March 22, 1912, the British separated Bengal into the province of Bihar. The Bihar government chose to commemorate the state’s founding day in 2010 to boost state patriotism and give residents of the state a sense of belonging as citizens of Bihar.
Wishes for Bihar Diwas
On the occasion of Bihar Diwas, people send greetings and wishes to their loved ones. Here are some wishes you can share with your family and friends:
- Accept your country’s lovely and fascinating traditions. Greetings on Bihar Day.
- You will always carry a memory of this place in your heart. Cheers to Bihar Day!
- It has been a pleasure to learn about Bihar’s heritage and culture from you. Greetings on Bihar Day.
- On its streets, Bihar has experienced some of its happiest moments. Wish you a happy Bihar Diwali.
- On this auspicious day, make your neighbours grin and be happy. Greetings on Bihar Day.
- May the state’s citizens prosper, and may the state flourish as its citizens advance. Greetings on Bihar Day.
The Hindustan Herald Is Your Source For The Latest In Business, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Breaking News, And Other News. Please Follow Us On Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, And LinkedIn To Receive Instantaneous Updates. Also Don’t Forget To Subscribe Our Telegram Channel @hindustanherald