- George Soros, a billionaire investor, philanthropist, and political activist, has made significant investments in various companies worldwide.
- Soros Fund Management, founded by George Soros in 1970, has invested in top firms such as Alphabet, Amazon, Netflix, Walmart, and T-Mobile.
- Soros, born in Hungary in 1930, survived the Nazi occupation and later fled to England to study economics.
Recent Investment Move: Soros’ Exit from Tesla
- George Soros’ family office recently sold its entire stake in Elon Musk’s Tesla during the first quarter of 2023.
- According to a 13F filing by Soros Fund Management, Soros initially purchased 42,000 shares of Tesla in 2022 and later increased their holdings to 132,000 shares.
- The fund likely enjoyed significant gains from the surge in Tesla’s stock price before offloading the position.
Soros’ Pro-Democracy Efforts and Political Activism
- George Soros is known for using his wealth to promote pro-democracy movements in different countries.
- He has been involved in extensive philanthropy and political activism, particularly on issues related to human rights, democracy, and social justice.
- Soros’ ideas and actions have had a significant impact on global politics and economics.
List of Top 20 Firms Soros Has Invested In
- Alphabet Inc: A multinational conglomerate and parent company of Google and various other subsidiaries.
- Amazon.com, Inc: A multinational e-commerce and cloud computing giant.
- Netflix Inc: An American multinational streaming service provider.
- Walmart Inc: The world’s largest company by revenue, operating in over 25 countries.
- Disney Walt Co: A global entertainment company with a variety of businesses, including media networks, studios, parks and resorts, and consumer products.
- Nike Inc: The world’s largest sportswear manufacturer, operating in more than 170 countries.
- General Motors Company: An American multinational corporation leading the automotive industry.
- Qualcomm Inc: A prominent developer of wireless technology and chipsets for mobile devices.
- T-Mobile US, Inc: The third-largest wireless carrier in the US, providing voice, text, and data services.
- Wayfair Inc: An American e-commerce company providing a wide range of home furnishings and décor items.
- Salesforce Inc: A cloud-based software company offering enterprise software products, including customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing: The world’s largest contract semiconductor manufacturer, offering a range of services in the semiconductor industry.
- Opendoor Technologies Inc: A real estate technology company enabling online home buying, selling, financing, and remodeling services.
- Airbnb: An online marketplace for booking accommodations worldwide.
- Liberty Broadband: An American telecom company providing high-speed Internet, video, and voice services.
- Aramark: A food service, facilities, and clothing company offering services to clients in various industries.
- Accenture plc: A global professional services company providing consulting, technology, and outsourcing services.
- Caesars Entertainment Inc: A gaming and hospitality company owning over 50 properties worldwide.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc: A biopharmaceutical company specializing in rare diseases.
- Various Indian Companies: Soros has indirectly invested in Indian companies and is connected to the local startup ecosystem through SONG Investment Company, backed by Soros Economic Development Fund, Omidyar Network, and Google.
Impact and Controversies Surrounding Soros
- Soros has faced criticism for his involvement in causing economic and social crises in certain countries.
- He has been accused of supporting left-leaning groups around the world to advance his ideological ambitions.
The Hindustan Herald Is Your Source For The Latest In Business, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Breaking News, And Other News. Please Follow Us On Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, And LinkedIn To Receive Instantaneous Updates. Also Don’t Forget To Subscribe Our Telegram Channel @hindustanherald