Healthcare professionals generally agree that a healthy diet including Omega
3and lifestyle are two of the most important factors in the prevention and/or management of diabetes. Is it true, however, that all types of nutrition are effective?
KEY POINTS ON OMEGA 3 FATTY ACID
- Seafood and fortified foods are high in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Diabetes was responsible for approximately 1.5 million deaths in 2019, according to the World Health Organization.
- One of the most common and prevalent types of diabetes is type 2 diabetes.
Is there a link between omega-3 fatty acids and diabetes?
Omega-3 fatty acids are one of the essential nutrients required by the body and aid in the regulation of various bodily functions.
Fatty fish, which are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, are one of the best foods to eat if you have diabetes. One could make a case for a link between omega-3 consumption and diabetes.
While there is no harm in taking Omega-3 if you have diabetes, there is no link between omega-3 and diabetes. According to a study published in the British Journal of Nutrition titled “Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Incidence Type 2 Diabetes: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis,” there is no clear, verified link between the direct positive effects of Omega-3 on diabetes.
Omega-3 Fatty Acid Advantages
The following are some of the most common health benefits provided by Omega-3:
- Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to improve cognitive function.
- It can aid in the reduction of ADHD symptoms in children.
- It has the potential to improve eye health.
- It can improve mental health by alleviating anxiety and stress symptoms.
- It has the potential to lower the risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
- Diabetes Self-Management Strategies
Here are some pointers for effective diabetes management:
- Keep track of your glucose levels on a regular basis to avoid unexpected fluctuations.
- Avoid and limit your intake of processed foods and sugar.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet and way of life.