Simple steps..! We’ve been stressed out by health concerns during the COVID-19 crisis, as well as work-from-home and lockdown restrictions.
According to a survey conducted by The Center of Healing (TCOH) and published in December 2020, nearly 74% and 88% of Indians suffer from anxiety and stress, respectively.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, the number of people seeking therapy for the first time has also increased. So, if you’re going through something similar and finding it difficult to relax, it’s time to take a break and look for ways to de-stress. Sarla Totla, a therapist and counsellor, recently shared five easy ways to de-stress at home.
- Make a zen zone to relax in (with candles, plants, good music and books)
- Participate in a relaxing activity (cleaning, gardening, cooking, dancing, etc.)
- Even if it’s only for 15 minutes, take a nap.
- Think about your favourite memories; look at pictures or write them down.
- Exercise or practise meditation (both of which release endorphins)