According to railway officials, six people were electrocuted at Nichitpur railway crossing under Dhanbad division of Eastern Central Railway. The incident occurred while an overhead electric pole was being installed. The officials provided this information based on a report by news agency ANI.
Tragic Death of a 13-year-old Girl
In a separate incident, a 13-year-old girl named Madhura More died after receiving an electric shock from a high-tension power transmission cable while playing at her residence in Karnataka’s Belagavi. The incident happened when she accidentally touched the high-tension wire installed near her residence. Authorities at Hubballi Electricity Supply Company Limited (HESCOM) claimed to have served a notice to the girl’s father, warning against building the house on the site. However, the family ignored the notice and the danger it posed.
Another Electrocution Case
On December 31 of the previous year, a 10-year-old boy named Veeresh suffered severe injuries and memory loss after being electrocuted in Milapura village of Karatagi taluk in Koppal district, Karnataka. The incident occurred while he was playing in a playground where electric wires were scattered.
The Hindustan Herald Is Your Source For The Latest In Business, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Breaking News, And Other News. Please Follow Us On Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, And LinkedIn To Receive Instantaneous Updates. Also Don’t Forget To Subscribe Our Telegram Channel @hindustanherald